- Ache - The ache is getting worse. What should
- Earache - I've got a horrible ear ache today.
- Headache - I woke up with a pounding headache
- Stomach ache - Don't eat too much chocolate or
you'll get a stomach ache.
- Toothache - Go to the dentist for your
- Cancer - Cancer seems to be the plague of
- Cold - People sometimes work if they've only
got a cold.
- Cough - He has a strong cough. He should take
some cough syrup.
- Flu - It's common to feel aches and pains, as
well as have a slight fever when you've got the flu.
- Heart attack - A heart attack doesn't need to
be fatal in modern times.
- Heart disease - Heart disease affects a lot of
- Infection - Make sure to clean the wound so
you don't get an infection
- Infectious disease - She caught an infectious
disease at school.
- Pain - Where do you feel the pain?
- Virus - There is a virus going around at work.
Take lots of vitamins.
- Bruise - I have this bruise from hitting
myself with a door!
- Cut - Put a bandage on your cut.
- Graze - That's just a graze. It's nothing
- Rash – I often get a heat rash on my neck.
- Strain – I have a strain muscle in my arm so I cannot play tennis.
- Wound - That wound needs to be treated by a
doctor. Go to the emergency room.
- Bandage - Use this bandage to stop the
- Check-up - I have a check-up next month.
- Dose (of medicine) - Make sure to take your
dose of medicine at ten o'clock.
- Drugs - The doctor can prescribe drugs if
- Injection - Some medicine is given by
- Medicine - Regularly take the medicine and you
should have no problems.
- Operation - Ron has a serious operation on
- Pain-killer - Opiates are a type of
pain-killer that can be very addictive.
- Pill - Take one pill before you go to bed.
- Tablet - Take one tablet with each meal.
- Tranquilizer - This tranquilizer will calm
your nerves so you can rest.
People in Healthcare
- Dentist - The dentist gave me a check-up and
cleaned my teeth.
- Doctor - The doctor can see you now.
- General Practitioner - Most families have a
general practitioner to help them with most needs.
- Midwife - Many women choose to have a midwife
help with the birth of their baby.
- Nurse - The nurse will come in to check on you
- Patient - The patient has a broken rib and
- Specialist - The specialist was excellent but
- Surgeon - Surgeons need to have nerves of
steel as they cut into the flesh during an operation.
Places in Healthcare
- Hospital - I'll meet you at the hospital and
we can stop in to see Peter who's recovering from surgery.
- Operating Room - The surgeon entered the
operating room and began the operation
- Waiting Room - You can sit in the waiting room
until he's finished.
- Ward - Mr. Smith is in the ward at the end of
- Catch - Most people catch a cold from time to
- Cure - It took the doctor six months to cure
- Heal - A wound can take a long time to heal.
- Hurt - The boy hurt his ankle playing
- Injure - I injured myself climbing a tree!
- Operate on - The surgeon will operate on the
patient at three o'clock.
- Prescribe - The doctor prescribed an
antibiotic to help the wound heal.
- Treat - We'll treat anyone who has a health
- Fit - He's a fit young man. He shouldn't be
- Ill - Unfortunately, she looks ill today.
- Sick - Do you feel sick?
- Healthy - Eat healthy food and get regular
- Unhealthy - Eating fatty foods and lots of
sweets is very unhealthy.
- Painful - The painful arm was held in a cast.
- Swollen: - I twisted my ankle and now it is swollen.
- Unwell - Many students are feeling unwell.
- Well - I hope you get well soon.